Authentic Models Americas Around the World Mobile
Three wooden planes; Lockheed Winnie Mae, Pan Am China Clipper, and the Douglas DC3 all gracefully glide around our 1920s globe, all hand applied gores. Easy assembly.
- Three Planes Gracefully Glide Around Reproduction of a 1930's World Globe
- Globe Shows the Nations of the World by their Names and Borders of the Era
- Dimensions Hanging Mobile: 26 x 15.75 in. (66 x 40 cm)
- Diameter of Globe: 7.5 in. (19 cm)
- Lockheed Vega: 5 in. Length x 6.75 in. Wingspan (12.5 x 17.25 cm)
- Pan Am China Clipper: 6 in. Length x 7.25 in. Wingspan (15.25 x 18.5 cm)
- Douglas DC-3: 8.5 in. Length x 13 in. Wingspan (21.5 x 33 cm)
- Some easy assembly is required
This aeronautical mobile features three planes that wrote history. The Lockheed Vega ‘Winnie Mae’ set records flying around the world in 1931. The legendary Pan Am China Clipper was the epitomy of luxury and long distance travel in the late 1930’s. The Douglas DC-3 was the workhorse of the skies for decades, it’s become an icon in the history of aviation. The DC-3 served every American airline in the 1930’s and 1940’s as well as most European ones.